Monday, April 7

Movie Mondays


This was not a good weekend for watching movies, but I did manage to see one movie--"Foxy Brown."

IFC had a bunch of blaxploitation movies on Friday night and while I'll gladly admit to watching "Blacula" on Saturday afternoon TV, those kinds of movies aren't my first pick. '70s grainy movies aren't on the top of my list. I'm a child of digitally restored movies and that's how I prefer to see them.

But I decided to give this movie a chance and I'm glad I did. Pam Grier kicks ass and takes down "the man," only this time "the man" is a woman. She cuts off the woman's lover's penis and hands it to her in a jar. At least I think that's what it is. They never show what it is, but they do show plenty of boobs and chick fights.

Recommendation: make this a double feature with "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls."

No comments: