Monday, May 18

Movie Monday


It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and watch a movie over the weekend. This weekend, I saw more than two, but I'll spare you all the details.

Saturday, Dan'l and I saw "Fast and the Furious IV" at the discount theater. I think if he had been a couple of years older, he might have been embarrassed to be there with his mother. I know I was embarrassed to be there among a sea of really young couples and their infant children. Now I know why the volume is so loud in the theater--to drown out the sound of screaming kids and soda cans being opened.

What can I say about this movie? I liked most of the soundtrack and when I left for a bathroom break (which I rarely do at the movie theater), I didn't miss any crucial plot points. Do I recommend this movie? Only if it's playing on cable. Do not pay extra money for it.

One of the other movies I saw was "Black Caesar." Not a movie I'd admit to watching, but it was a part of a series of movies I saw, "Little Caesar," "Public Enemy," and a couple of others that I've forgotten. Fred Williamson plays Tony, a man who spent time in prison after getting beaten up by a policeman. After he gets out of jail, Tony become a hit man for the mafia, which to him is a great idea because no one would suspect that he would work for the mob. (This is a '70s movie, after all.) I found myself rooting for him a third of the time and was really surprised by the movie ending. He had all this power, but nobody really cared.

The most interesting thing about the movie though, was the lead female's arms. Beautiful toned arms. I didn't know women were pumping iron back then, but her arms are really toned, but not ugly (like Madonna's) muscular.

Recommend? Yes. If only to see her arms and hear her sing and play the piano.

As you can see, I slummed a bit this weekend and that includes watching a Canadian show. I'm too embarrassed to mention the title (I'm saving you from my mistakes), but it came out in 2003. From the looks of it though, it looked like it was made in the '80s with people wearing early '90s clothes and makeup. Plus it was weird because the actors sounded American, except they weren't attractive or familiar. Too weird. I'll stick to BBC America. At least they have cool accents.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh those Canadians. They need to stop having their own TV shows and just take the best of ours.