Tuesday, May 26

Feeling Nostalgic

I usually visit my parents once a week, but sometimes I get busy (or lazy) and let our visits slide. Other times, not so often, I decide to punish my mom (even though by then both of us have forgotten whatever she said to set me off) and let her wonder Sunday afternoons if we're going to visit (actually, she naps when we're not there so no skin off her back). Now that I think about it, neither of those explains why I had not visited for more than two weeks. I know we went to a concert one Sunday and my parents were out of town another weekend. Regardless, last Sunday's visit was a long one, but it was made longer when my mom took out her new toy--a digital picture frame.

When she took it out, she said it was pictures of her and my grandparents that my sister scanned for her. It turned out to be a 30 minute presentation of more than 200 pictures of which maybe 60 were scanned. Among those scanned is a memory of matching sailor blouses past and bowl haircuts.

I'm pretty sure that's the last time my mom got a say in my haircuts and the last time my sister and I had matching tops.

Oh, and the baby is my brother who returned from Afghanistan earlier this month.

My brother, sister and me, circa 1982.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awww! Aodrable! Not the sailor shirts, of course . . . but look at little Myssi!

meghant said...

How cute....you haven't changed a bit!