Saturday, March 13

Day Two

It's day two (or three). So far, I've noticed that there are a lot of Europeans (seems that the group from London got a group rate at La Quinta) and even bumped into some Mexicans (real Mexicans from Mexico, unlike me).

I would understand if they were here for the film or music part of it, but they are here for the interactive. So far, all I've heard is that everyone wants cloud computing and location-based apps. I'm for community based software, but location-based apps scare me.

I guess I watch too much TV because the cops and the FBI and computer hacks seem to be able to find people by activating their smart phones. If I were ever wrongly accused of a crime, I might make a run for it. I don't know that I would last long because I don't have access to a lot of cash and it seems that they literally do run a lot. That's not for me, but I like the idea of maybe having a chance--as long as they can't find me using my phone. Yes, there are dump phones and prepay phones, but as I said earlier--not a lot of cash handy to buy so many phones.

So I'm off again to see what I'll find this time. Hopefully there will be no fire alarms and a lot less crack.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I haven't the slightest idea what cloud computing is. I hope you're having some fun though.

myssi said...

@Jensational, I thought you were the web expert. I was going to ask you what cloud computing was.

Yes, I'm having fun even thought it seems that every higher ed discussion/panel/etc. that I've been to has trashed higher ed. ha.